Duration: 1 day
- Concept of uncertainty and notions of metrology:
- The metrological characteristics of an analytical method in microbiology
- What is uncertainty? Why calculate them?
- Taking into account uncertainties in the interpretation of the result
- Simple statistical tools: dispersion and position parameters, distribution laws
- Estimating uncertainties in microbiology:
- Overview of existing standards
- Methodologies for estimating measurement uncertainties for quantitative determinations in the field of chemical antiseptics and disinfectants: methods based on EN ISO 19036, and on ISO 5725-2 and ISO 21748.
- Application exercises of both uncertainty calculation methodologies based on ISO 5725-2 and NF EN ISO 19036
- Construction by trainees of calculation files for the estimation of uncertainties in Excel.
Target audience: Laboratory engineers and technicians, quality manager, metrology manager